Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Monday, October 11, 2010

The A-pa-calypse Begins!

Let's pause for a commercial break...

Hyaku Retsu Harite!

So, my special experimental mission for the month of Rocktober: to swatch and photograph all of my pa nail polishes. I have 37, so in order to complete this in a timely manner, I have not done post polishing cleanup and have a horrifying glitter battlefield littering my fingers on some of these swatches. I apologize in advance. I swatched all of these polishes with three coats on the ring finger, two on the middle finger, and one on the pointer finger and with no base or top coats. Here is the first batch in no particular order:

pa A67



pa A45



pa A44



pa A34



pa A32



pa A9



I have purchased my pa collection from orangelighthouse.com - which I believe no longer exists, the lovely country of Japan (Yodobashi Camera in Osaka), Japanese markets in SoCal - Mitsuwa and Marukai, Palace bs in the Koreatown Galleria, and finally Cosmeland in Puente Hills Mall - which had the best selection I have seen stateside.
All of these photos were taken indoors with an artificial light source. The intro photos were taken during a Sumo Tournament at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo this May (it was awesome and had way better food than a baseball game over here).
More pa to come!

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the rest of your pa swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so pretty. Just don't care for the sheer one. It would be pretty layered.

    ReplyDelete