Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chanel Graphite VS Revlon Carbonite


Per a reader request, this manicure is a comparison between Chanel Graphite and Revlon Carbonite. I found Carbonite at CVS today.
They are close and yet miles apart. Both have a black and silver metallic foil finish, but Graphite has purple and golden shimmer particles that give it more depth than the Revlon dupe.
This mani is one coat Spa Ritual Lacquer Lock bc, one coat CND Stickey bc, two coats of polish, and one coat of Seche Vite tc.
Indoors in low light:

Indoors with flash:

Outdoors in sun:

4 comments:

  1. Both are very pretty...But it looks like the Chanel polish has more sparkle! if you had a choice, which one would you buy?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they're not really dupes, but anything close to Graphite without the price tag will kill that lemming. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not dupes but close. I think both are really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gottwinkies: Well, I had a choice and bought both :)
    I prefer the name carbonite, but I'm a nerd who attends Comic Con. I think the Chanel is more unique and sparkly. I would buy the Chanel with a gift card. lol. (which is what I did)

    ReplyDelete