Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Friday, April 20, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Fan Collection IKB:2012 Comparison Post

Today's manicure is a giant comparison post of doom!  I got my new Rescue Beauty Lounge Fan Collection package (I ordered three out of the four).  Great bloggers have already photographed their manicures with these polishes, and blue is so friggin' hard to photograph accurately, but I decided to take all of the polishes that pundits had mentioned as possible dupes and throw them on for y'all.
I did discover that Wet n Wild Craze in Tagger (an HTF LE East Coast only Wet n Wild) and Nails Inc Baker Street are dead dupes, for what that's worth.
I don't believe that IKB:2012 has an exact dupe.  Royal Navy is close, but a bit more saturated and with the teal shimmer.  Barry M Indigo is noticeably deeper.  WnW Tagger and Nails Inc Baker Street are a shade lighter.  MAC Breezy Blue is pretty close, but is not a jelly and has more purple.  Nubar Blueberry is way more smurf-colored than any of these others (It made me think of the OCC Rx I once swatched, but didn't buy and thus can't compare).  But see for yourself:
All of these swatches are one coat of SpaRitual Lacquer Lock bc, one coat of CND Stickey bc, two coats of polish, and one coat of Seche Vite.
Photos taken outdoors in full sun:
Photo taken indoors in artificial light:
Photos taken outdoors in full sun:
Photo taken indoors in artificial light:

4 comments:

  1. Love these blues! I have Wet n Wild Tagger glad to hear it's a dupe to Baker Street. Thx for the comps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Revlon Royal. Tbh the RBL is way too expensive for what it is. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Royal too! Wonderful polish. I think it's a little darker than IKB, but not sure. I nominate Sparitual Circle Of Life. Dunno if it's a jelly but it might be, and it's certainly right in IKB's color range. Plus it's lighter than Royal so most likely quite close to IKB.

    ReplyDelete