Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hard Candy Mermaid



It's been awhile. I think I have SAD. It's so dark, cold, and gloomy in Southern California lately that I just haven't been motivated on the nail blog front.
I do have an indoor photo setup, but I love sun photos much better.
I'm working on my dedication issues...
Today's manicure is Hard Candy Mermaid. Mermaid is from the OG Hard Candy line that has been discontinued for a few years.
Mermaid is a frosty green teal metallic shimmer. It does have obvious brush strokes up close. I actually HATE frost finish. It's pretty much always an instant deal breaker for me, especially with brush strokes. That said, I give every HC polish in my collection a chance since they are my Pokemon.
This polish IS pretty. Frost finish (despite its immense defects) can be the most vivid and light reflective of all the finishes.
I don't have much in my collection to compare to (since I do hate frosts) but this color is much deeper than China Glaze Metallic Muse from the Khrome collection.
This mani is one coat SpaRitual resurface base coat, two coats of polish, and one coat of SpaRitual tout de suite top coat.


4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful color; I am not a fan of the frost finish either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like no one really likes frost finishes. I don't get why polish companies keep coming out with them! Hang in there... I hate the gloomy weather too! =) Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like frost finishes :) very nice color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful green. Darn, why didn't I buy these!

    ReplyDelete