Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Finger Paints in the Permanent Collection

The last time I went into Sally Beauty Supply looking for the two new limited edition glitter polishes that I popped up on makeupalley, I was surprised to find a pretty different permanent collection Finger Paints display than I remembered. Sally puts out some great limited edition Finger Paints colors in their seasonal displays, but I was never very interested in their permanent collection of pretty standard pinks, purples, mauves, etc. They did have a few good colors, but this new display was a revelation. First of all, it had 4 greens! I can tell you from experience that green is a pretty rare commodity in a permanent collection. Times are changing, but the unfavorable Green to Pink ratio is disappointing to a green aficionado. Also, they had added glitters and interesting shimmers. Needless to say, I walked away with 5 new polishes, even though they didn't have the le glitters I had come in looking for.

L to R: Art of Theft, Easel-y Entertained, Sketch N Etch, Scenery Greenery, Tough Art to Follow
As you may observe, I took this picture wearing my keen sun hat.



Art of Theft looks like a blackish navy jelly indoors, but has a lovely purple-y shimmer when lighted properly.
Easel-y entertained is a purple-heavy blurple glitter with sparse silver glitter mixed in. I believe it's in a clear base, but it's hard to tell as it provides pretty dense coverage.
Sketch n Etch is my favorite of the bunch and recalls Essie Dominica Green with it's beautifully vivid tone and glittery shimmer.
Scenery Greenery is a blackboard green creme.
Tough Art to Follow is an almost black green creme that reminds me of OPI's Here Today, Aragon Tommorrow.
This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nail, three coats of polish, and one coat of Nubar Diamont. Three coats of polish was highly unnecessary. It doesn't look much different from 2, and these polishes are pretty pigmented so you could probably even get away with one. I can honestly say that I really like them all.
Get thee to Sally.

No comments:

Post a Comment