Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Passport to Japan: Sonia Rykiel 15


A photo from my recent trip to Japan of dancers in Yoyogi Park in Harajuku.




Today's manicure is Sonia Rykiel #15.
Sonia Rykiel is a European designer who just happens to have a beauty line exclusive to Japan. When I was staying in Tokyo I picked up two bottles from the Rykiel counter in iSetan department store in Shinjuku. I believe this #15 is part of the core line. It's a sour apple green jelly with iridescent and silver glitter and larger round silver glitter pieces. It is sheer, but not streaky and applies pretty well. I think it may be rose or floral scented like Anna Sui - but it smells less nauseating to me than Anna Sui does. I couldn't buy any Sui there because of my aversion to the scent. Sorry, my cuticles are still gross.
This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nails, three coats polish, and one coat Nubar Diamont; with the exception of the ring finger which has two coats of Wet n Wild Wild Shine Black Creme and two coats of #15 polish.
These pictures were taken indoors in a light box with artificial light.


1 comment:

  1. That'd be awesome to travel abroad for foreign nail polish.

    ReplyDelete