Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hidden Treasure


Today's manicure is yesterday's manicure (Maybelline Banana Puddin') with two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Hidden Treasure slapped on top. I wanted to add a little visual interest to this puppy.
Hidden Treasure is a limited edition polish that may be located in a recent drugstore display of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure. Some others included in this display were Lagoon, Sea and Be Seen, and Silver Lining. Hidden Treasure has two slots on the far right end of the display. I found this bottle at a Rite Aid; the two bottles were already gone by the time I made it in to my local Walgreens.
Hidden Treasure doesn't really look like much, but can pack quite a punch layered over a dark base color - which I didn't do :-P
If you're unable to find it, I will suggest some alternates that were bandied about on makeupalley: Nubar 2010 and Nfu Oh 38. It's really not THAT special, but it is a big deal in that it's the first drugstore flakie I can remember since Maybelline Coloramas. Let's hope we see more in the future.
Man my fingers look red...I don't know how much of it is that my fingers ARE red and how much is this yellow polish.
This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nails, four coats Maybelline Wet Shine Banana Puddin', one coat Nubar Diamont, and two coats Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure.
Isn't that crazy?
Sorry about my cuticles. They're a bit neglected.
Artificial light/light box:

Natural sunlight:


3 comments:

  1. i put it over yellow too! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with it packing quite a punch layered over a dark base color, but I really like it over the pale yellow. It reminds me of sunshine or spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This top coat looks gorgeous, I want to get this or the Nubar one for quite a while now...!

    xx

    ReplyDelete