Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butter London Spring/Summer 2012 Bossy Boots + Knackered over black

Today's manicure is Butter London Bossy Boots. Bossy Boots is a slightly yellow toned pastel mint green - a pistachio color. The formula is decent, but a little thick and not perfectly self leveling. The coverage is excellent, only the formula defects required a second coat.
I have almost 350 greens, and I actually couldn't find a dupe. It's a very white and yellow loaded pale green. I thought of the Pirates collection, but it's much whiter than Stranger TIdes and Mermaid's Tears. I don't have Skull & Glossbones to compare though, so I can't speak for that one.
This mani is one coat Spa Ritual Lacquer Lock bc, one coat CND Stickey bc, two coats of Bossy Boots, and one coat of Seche Vite.

Photos taken indoors in artifical light:

This pic captures the whiteness, but it's a bit more yellow IRL.

Photos taken outside in natural sunlight:




I had more than one reader comment on the opacity issues with Knackered in this post:

Butter London Spring/Summer 2012 Knackered
and Liz actually requested I swatch over black, so here it is:

Indoors in artificial light:


Outdoors in natural sunlight:





When it's sheer it flashes purple, light blue, and green in some lights, but the black underneath makes it pretty strongly purple or teal. It also seems to make the holo less noticeable when the base is more saturated.
This mani is one coat Spa Ritual Lacquer Lock bc, one coat CND Stickey bc, one coat of Illamasqua Boosh (black creme), two coats of Knackered, and one coat of Seche Vite.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for swatching it over black! Your pictures are gorgeous! One of the pictures remind me of Wet n Wild's Gray's Anatomy, but I like that this one has a strong teal flash instead of a green one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bossy Boots is gorgeous!! I might have to cave and buy it!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bossy Boots is gorgeous! I love those kind of colors. By the way, I just gave you the Kreative Blogger Award. Check my latest post for more info. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me regret passing on Bossy Boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knackered + blak base = epic!!

    ReplyDelete