Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ciate Apple & Custard



Today's nail varnish just arrived in the post from the UK. Ciate does not have the option to ship internationally from their online store Ciate.co.uk, but I contacted them and arranged an order.
I received my package today, and was excited to slap on some new greens. The first varnish I tried is a pastel green creme called Apple & Custard from Ciate's Spring/Summer 2009 Candy Couture line.
This mani is one coat of Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator (I am trying this base coat for the first time), two coats of polish, and Nubar Diamont top coat.
This polish is highly pigmented - opaque in one coat, but applied a little too thickly. I will thin it out for my next manicure. I also had some bubbling issues, but it may be an incompatibility with the base or top coat I chose so I'm trying a different combo for my next Ciate.
I have a large collection of greens. I compared this color to Orly Mint Mojito, MAC Peppermint Patti, Barielle Sweet Addiction, Illamasqua Milf, BB Couture Laguna Lagoon, Hard Candy Mint and Cry Baby...all the light greens. It is unique. The closest is Barielle Sweet Addiction - they have a similar dusty tone, but Ciate Apple & Custard is a full step lighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment