Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Friday, July 17, 2009

Hard Candy Stop



Today's manicure is in honor of a flinty woman I know - Hard Candy Stop. The entire fabuluous Hard Candy nail varnish line has been discontinued, sadly. They were THE nail polish when I was in junior high and high school. They seemed quite expensive at the time, so I only had 3, but I cherished them. Those matching jelly rings are marketing genius!
You can still find Hard Candy on eBay, which is where I got this bottle of Stop. Stop is a classic red shimmer with sparse gold microglitter. I believe this polish has a bit of the flavor of OPI La Boheme. I swear I even saw a flash of green sparkle in there. This mani is one coat Nubar Nu Nail, two coats of polish, and one coat of Nubar Diamont. Stop was opaque in one coat, but I did two to even it out. Hard Candy polishes have one of my favorite formulas, I find them so easy to work with and they never seem to thicken.



No comments:

Post a Comment