Specializing in nail varnishes - rare, unusual, and obscure

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hard Candy Static and Glitch

Sorry I left you guys hanging. Things got crazy.
I decided to reward your patience with a double header.
Yesterday and Today's manicures are Hard Candy Static and Glitch. Hard Candy released these colors as part of a line of new bottles with Swarovski crystals embedded in the jelly rings in 2002. I was a bit disappointed in these colors and my manicure/photo skills this week.
Static is a sheer pale blue that flashes lavender. Glitch is an odd almost neon-pastel yellowish green sheer with gold shimmer. It's a bit like Opi Fireflies without the duochrome.
I did 3 coats of Static and 4 coats of Glitch (which may explain my wrinkly middle finger) and both still show visible nail line. I think both of these would be better suited to layering over black, white, or a tonal creme.
I am pretty excited about Hard Candy being repromoted as a Walmart exclusive brand (since I love Hard Candy, although I don't love Walmart). I should be getting all 16 colors in the next day or two. Let me know in the comments if you want to see them on my blog. They aren't really rare or unusual - but if it's what the subscribers want...
My mani is one coat of Nubar Nu Nail, 3-4 coats of polish (as described), and one coat of Nubar Diamont.












3 comments:

  1. i've never heard of this brand before
    but the color looks amazing

    just found your blog and i love it
    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I just saw the picture of Glitch and thought it would match the Chanel. Then I scrolled down a tiny bit and no it doesn't match at all. Boo hoo! This is a pretty shade. I never go to Walmart so I doubt I'll be getting this one. I must have something like it. The first I'm not that crazy about. I'm not really excited about these since I didn't have the originals.

    ReplyDelete